Saturday 11 May 2013

YOU WOULD THINK IT'S ENOUGH

( THIS IS GOING TO BE A WORDY POST SO BRACE YOURSELVES )

Living in a boarding house, trying to guess what they're going to serve us for lunch or dinner ( breakfast is always the same - english breakfast and sometimes assorted pastry ) is like an old lady playing bingo: it's a game of probability. Sometimes, it's good, sometimes, it's horrid and sometimes, it's just okay. However, we have decoded a sort of pattern. For example, on wednesday, it's roast and on friday, it's fish. Nonetheless, the probability that the food is going to be junk is very high so it's only smart to prepare. 
You may be thinking " What's all the fuss about ? Why not just go out and buy food ? ". Well, I would love to but the location of my boarding house is on top of a hill where there are no shops, supermarkets or anything. It's a bit like Hogwarts but worse since they've got flying broomsticks and we don't. The closest shop or supermarket is a 15 minute drive to a nearby town, Cranleigh. The school provides bus services to Cranleigh 3 days a week which is very nice of them.

Another disadvantage of being in a boarding house (or being in this particular boarding house) is that we have nothing to cook food with ! We've got toasters, an electric kettle and microwaves. Oh, and another thing we have is an overly sensitive fire alarm. YAY. So, we have to be extremely cautious and meticulous with our bread toasting since it's a pain in the bum if we set the fire alarm off and we have to go through all those tedious procedures. 

Even in Cranleigh, I can't tick off all the items from my grocery shopping list. So my last option is to hit Amazon and shop online. This week, I got myself a box of DAMAE RAMEN Sesame Flavour. Obviously, it's Japanese. I am much pleased with the taste considering it only costed £12.00 for a box of 30 packs. One pack is enough for a meal and the noodle is superb texture-wise. The smell of the sesame oil is so pleasant and aromatic it makes my stomach growl as I wait for the noodle to soften. 


I always use the microwave when I boil my noodles. I microwave the noodles for about 5 minutes and then put the contents in ( sauces and oil ). I added about a teaspoon of chilli oil to enhance the taste and garnished it with dried coriander. 


Well, this is the end of my instant noodle review.
Have a good one to all my fellow citizens
of the Earth !

1 comment:

  1. wow, instand noodle is one 0f my fave meals :))

    www.callmeponyboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete