Saturday 26 May 2012

One of the things you take for granted living in an asian country is the abundant amount of instant noodle packets you can find everywhere. This ,however, doesn't happen in the UK. It is not rare, but you can only usually find the 'proper' ones like the thai and korean brands in big cities. The photos below are when I was in Yangon. It was 1 am and I was having jet lag so I couldn't sleep and therefore, decided to cook myself up a bowl of noodle. Because my father does seafood export, I am blessed to have these little tiger prawns readily available. Instant noodles are always fun. You can add basically everything you want to ( edible of course ). So I cleaned these prawns but I didn't remove the head as this preserves the freshness or simply because it looks good. I added some chopped asparagus and carrot and ALL you need is to turn on the TV to watch some late night shows and then sleep like a baby after this hearty midnight snack. 



2 comments:

  1. You are a girl after my own heart! I love noodles in any form at any time of day. Your shrimp noodle soup looks too enticing and is making me very hungry! Visit my blog, Myat Thura. I'd love it if you'd join and become a member.
    Chumkie
    My Favourite Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chumkie, thank you for your comment.

      yes, noodles, what would we do without them ? ? ?

      and wow you have so many blogs. i don't know how you manage it. i envy you.

      and how do i join and become a member ? i would love to.

      Delete